Just after capturing the sun going down over the dunes at Port Hood (previous post), I went to the shore, where I had selected a position that would allow me to place my tripod at the edge of the water, with waves lapping over the rocks. Within a few minutes the sun kissed the horizon and created the marvelous colors on the clouds, the sunburst, and reflections, as you see below.
Port Hood Sunset
- Orvieto in Bloom — We spent ten days in Orvieto on our recent trip to Italy. Less well known, less touristy, and charming, Umbria (the region where Orvieto is located) is beautiful, and less crowded than Tuscany, in most places. I hope you enjoy this Spark of our time in [...]
- Tuscany – A Beautiful Adventure — On our recent trip to Italy, we spent about a week in Montepulciano, a lovely hill town in Tuscany, at the Eastern side of the Val d’Orcia. From that base, we visited a number of hill towns, castles, and more! I hope you enjoy the Spark presentation of some of the photos from that section [...]
- Venice: A Photographer’s Paradi... — Buongiorno! We’ve just returned from three wonderful weeks in Italy, visiting Venice, Tuscany, and Umbria. There are a lot of photos to go through, sort, and process, and the work is not yet finished. However, I did take time to make a Spark (from Adobe) for Venice, and plan to follow up with at least [...]
- Light at Bass Harbor — During our recent trip to Maine, we made a point of getting to Acadia National Park. While we had visited Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, and Acadia many times before, because of the relatively steep entrance fee ($25 per vehicle – up to 15 passengers – or $12 per adult, all good for 7 days, [...]
- Sunset, Reflections, Lighthouses: Pri... — Last week we visited Maine for a short vacation. We have been in love with the Maine coast for years, and thoroughly enjoy the many lighthouses along the coast. We had not spent much time on the Blue Hill Peninsula, and had never been to Deer Isle, so that is where we chose to go [...]