Just after capturing the sun going down over the dunes at Port Hood (previous post), I went to the shore, where I had selected a position that would allow me to place my tripod at the edge of the water, with waves lapping over the rocks. Within a few minutes the sun kissed the horizon and created the marvelous colors on the clouds, the sunburst, and reflections, as you see below.
Port Hood Sunset
- Light at Bass Harbor — During our recent trip to Maine, we made a point of getting to Acadia National Park. While we had visited Bar Harbor, Mount Desert Island, and Acadia many times before, because of the relatively steep entrance fee ($25 per vehicle – up to 15 passengers – or $12 per adult, all good for 7 days, [...]
- Sunset, Reflections, Lighthouses: Pri... — Last week we visited Maine for a short vacation. We have been in love with the Maine coast for years, and thoroughly enjoy the many lighthouses along the coast. We had not spent much time on the Blue Hill Peninsula, and had never been to Deer Isle, so that is where we chose to go [...]
- If It’s Spring, There Will Be F... — Perhaps it has been a funny winter in your area, like it has in mine. Unseasonably warm though much of the winter, the last couple of weeks before the “official” start of spring, we had unusually cold nights (and some days, too), with temperatures below freezing becoming something of a regular fixture. Our poor spring [...]
- Fog Over the Golden Hills — For some reason, I’ve been holding back on posting this image. I don’t really know why. Anyway, it’s time has arrived. Last year, visiting family in California, I went out with my son-in-law, who was hunting with his Harris Hawk, Maiden. The story of that photo is told in this post. While we were there, [...]
- Travel Photos are Different — Most of my photographs tend to be landscapes, florals, and the like. As a result, when we travel for pleasure, I look forward with both eager anticipation, and apprehension, to the opportunities that will be presented. Travel photos really are different! There usually will be opportunities for landscapes and florals, as well as other things [...]